Sometimes all you need is to talk to the right person for half an hour. That person who knows that one piece of information that will free everything up so you can continue on your way. That’s what this consulting service is about. Helping you find that little piece of information you need to keep going. Or walking you through how to do that one thing that you’re stuck on.
I am a self-published writer with over a hundred titles published as well as a regulatory and compliance controls consultant with almost twenty years of professional experience. So if you’re stuck with respect to Microsoft Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, or with respect to writing or self-publishing then I can be that person for you.
A lot of this is covered in my books, which you can find here or in my video courses which you can find here, but if you need more hands-on help than that, then that’s what these consulting services are for.
I prefer the “teach a man to fish” approach, meaning I’d rather show you how to do something than do it for you. But if you’re in a bind and just need something done, I can do that, too.
The fine print:
- I charge $100 per hour and bill in 15 minute increments.
- All projects will incur a $50 minimum that’s payable up front and non-refundable.
- I am not an attorney, a CPA, a financial advisor, or an editor.
- Any service I provide is based upon the opinion and knowledge of one person and while I may believe that what I tell you is accurate and actionable, you should always consider your own personal situation and what you know that I don’t before acting on anything I tell you. At the end of the day you are responsible for the decisions you make and your reliance on any work I provide you.
- I reserve the right to refuse any project either due to time constraints or lack of a good fit with respect to my areas of expertise. This decision will be made before accepting the initial payment.
- My ability to help you will depend on your participation and willingness to give me the information I need. However, remember that I am a stranger on the internet. I do not want your passwords, account numbers, or social security number nor should you give that to someone you don’t know and trust.
- If I anticipate that a project will require more than four hours of work, you will be required to pay half of the project cost up front. (I don’t anticipate taking on any project that requires more than eight hours of work to complete.)
- Full payment will be required within 30 days of project completion or late payment penalties will be imposed.
- All services provided are final. No returns or refunds will be made due to the custom nature of the work.
- All of your information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any other individuals or companies.
If you’re interested in using my services, please send an email to mlhumphreywriter [at] gmail.com with a description of what you need help with and when you need the work to be done. I may ask follow-up questions before accepting the work, but once I do you’ll receive the initial invoice for the $50 and will then need to agree to the statements above. Invoices will be sent via Paypal which allows you to pay with either a credit card or through your own Paypal account.
Please note that this is not for regulatory and compliance consulting. The rate I charge for that work is substantially higher and is generally done as part of a team that includes lawyers. If you have an interest in that kind of work, reach out to me through LinkedIn.