I’m always forgetting at least one thing I’m supposed to do for each new release, so I figured I’d try to put together a checklist to use for the next release and I’d share it here for anyone who needs one themselves.
Keep in mind that I am wide with most of my books and that I usually publish in print at the same time I release in ebook so there will be far more on my list than on some.
1. Upload PB to Amazon and proof with previewer. Make changes until final.
2. Upload EB to Amazon and proof with previewer. Make changes until final.
3. Upload PB to IngramSpark and submit.
4. (Next day) Proof and approve PB on IngramSpark.
5. Publish PB and EB on Amazon. (Write down foreign currency prices for use with other sites.)
6. Upload and publish EB on other sites. (D2D, Kobo, Nook, G+, Apple)
7. When published on Amazon, claim EB and PB versions on Author Central.
8. Create listing for book on Goodreads. (This prevents the book from being listed incorrectly under authors with the same name.)
9. Update Books2Read link when all major retailers are in. Give custom name to URL and review Author page for positioning of new title.
10. If there are followers for that name add book to BookBub profile to qualify for new release email.
11. Announce new release on website.
12. Announce new release to mailing list.
13. Update Also By section for EB of any related books with links to new title. Upload to sites.
14. Update Also By section for PB of any related books with new title. Upload to sites.
15. Update EB files for new release with links to new title. (If applicable.) Upload to sites.
16. Wait two days and if EB and PB versions are not linked on Amazon, request that they be linked via Author Central.
17. Add listing for new title on website.
18. Post to FB or other social media about new release, if applicable.
19. Start an AMS ad on new title in US and, if warranted, UK.